A Legendary Affair

A Legendary Affair
A Legendary Affair Invitation BLOG - by appt at Magical Blooms - 1417 S. Pacific Coast Hwy - Redondo Beach, CA

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Legendary Affair - Redondo Beach Wedding Invitations - Wedding Thank You Note Etiquette


 Greetings Brides and Grooms!

A Legendary Affair specializes in invitations. Whether your style is creative and fun, formal and traditional, elegant and sophisticated or a variation of styles, colors, and design --- I am always delighted to assist you in finding just the right invitation and just the right words to set the mood for your event. When I receive your etiquette questions, I will share them on my blog, as I am sure that others will benefit from the answers. Here's a question regarding thank you notes...
 
Question: 
 Our wedding isn't until the end of the Summer, but we are already starting to receive wedding gifts. I've been seeking out answers online but am finding mixed reviews so I wanted your opinion on thank you notes etiquette.  I'd prefer to send notes as gifts come in; however, some sites recommend sending closer to the date of the wedding. It seems odd to me to wait to send a note for something I received last week ...can you confirm that I may send notes as gifts come in?

Answer: Your instincts are correct! Thank you notes should be sent as soon as possible. For gifts received up to 1 week before the wedding, notes should be sent out within 3 weeks. For gifts that arrive immediately before the wedding or on the wedding day, it is acceptable to send out notes within 4 weeks of receipt. Your note reassures the giver that you have received the gift and that you truly appreciate the time, money and thought spent on your behalf. Remember that the notes you send out before the wedding should be from the two of you - but you should not use your married last name or married monogram until after the wedding takes place.

I welcome your emails with etiquette questions - and will do my best to make the invitation ordering process very easy for you when you come in.  If it's easier for you to shop right at home, take a peek at the great designs in our ONLINE STORE!

Also --- after 20 years in Manhattan Beach, our Invitation Boutique has moved into the beautiful, fragrant, creative space that IS Jenny Barker and Magical Blooms in Redondo Beach.  If we can help you with anything, please set up an appointment and enjoy this fabulous environment with us!

Cheers...Cynthia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this one. It really gives me an additional idea on how to say "Thank You" to the people who attended my big event.

Unique Wedding

A Legendary Affair said...

Hi Kit! Congrats on your big event! I hope everything went well and you live "happily ever after"!