A Legendary Affair

A Legendary Affair
A Legendary Affair Invitation BLOG - by appt at Magical Blooms - 1417 S. Pacific Coast Hwy - Redondo Beach, CA

Friday, March 27, 2009

Sip Wine To Save The Big Cats...


Hello and thanks for visiting my blog!

Those of you who know me are aware of my deep love for animals and especially felines ... large and small. I felt it was appropriate to start my blog with an important message about this subject and how it relates to my wine business.

As an Independent Wine Consultant for WineShop at Home, a winery in Napa Valley that produces limited quantity boutique wines, I had the good fortune of attending our Leadership Conference in Sonoma this past January. One of my most memorable moments was the presentation about our new release EVO brand wines and our partnership with National Geographic in supporting the Big Cat Initiative. I was stunned and saddened to learn of the serious challenges now facing our large felines. Can you believe that there are only 6000 Snow Leopards left in the wild? And that the lion populations in Africa have dropped 30-50% during the past 20 years? Our EVO wine labels are designed to celebrate nature and create awareness of ecological causes. The labels on our new release EVO Merlot and EVO Sauvignon Blanc reflect animals that are near to becoming extinct. Each animal is in half profile, communicating that without our help, they will fade completely from view. Part of the proceeds from each bottle of these wines sold will go toward this cause. These wines would make a special gift for your animal loving friends. I would love to go onto my wine website and see that you have purchased EVO. If you would like to buy a case of 12 bottles, call or email me first so I can save you the shipping costs. Since many of us enjoy drinking great wine anyways, why not sip for a really, really important cause!

Cheers!

No comments: